EMAIL YOUR GARDEN DADDY WITH QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS

Get your garden questions answered and offer suggestions other than regular posting comments. If you want more personal contact or you have more in depth gardening questions and need answers, let Garden Daddy send you on your "Happy Garden Way" by offering you my comments.
Contact your Garden Daddy today:
gardendaddy@gmail.com



Saturday, November 20, 2010

GARDEN DADDY ASKED TO MAKE HOLIDAY DECOR DONATION FOR HOME TOUR LUNCHEON DOOR PRIZE


HELLO & Welcome to Garden Daddy here at the urban farm! I do not remember if I have shared with you that I am on the advising committee for the LANA Holiday Home Tour this year. I guess after my success last year with this very garden home being such a hit, it was thought I might give my advice and support to the "newbies" this year. In our meeting last weekend, I was asked to do a "Mike Millson Original" for a door prize donation to be given away during the home tour luncheon.
Since it is the holiday season now, with Thanksgiving less than a week away, I thought anyone in the LANA area would appreciate a traditional Holiday wreath with reds, greens and gold with traditional plaid ribbon. Red berries add some bling to the otherwise plain green wreath and make it stand out with more width and bring your eye to the entire framework of the piece. I hope it does not embarrass this garden home/Garden Daddy with its simplicity but I made something I would like to get so I figured someone else would like it as well. Again, due to our historic area here with our older homes, hopefully whoever wins this will feel the same way about something traditional.
I leave you with today's garden home affirmation: "THE GARDEN HOME: ONE WREATH AT A TIME!"

No comments:

Post a Comment