EMAIL YOUR GARDEN DADDY WITH QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS

Get your garden questions answered and offer suggestions other than regular posting comments. If you want more personal contact or you have more in depth gardening questions and need answers, let Garden Daddy send you on your "Happy Garden Way" by offering you my comments.
Contact your Garden Daddy today:
gardendaddy@gmail.com



Sunday, October 24, 2010

CUCKOO MARANS LAYS HER CHOCOLATE EGG






HELLO & welcome to Garden Daddy here at the urban farm! Another landmark egg day today here at the urban farm. As I stated a few days ago, I believe the little micro egg from last week was the first little dark egg from one of the Cuckoo Marans and today's gift proved my right. This is the offering today and look at the dark, milk chocolate difference between my regular brown egg laying pullets and this very-very dark egg.
It is written by Ian Fleming in the James Bond 007 series that the Cuckoo Marans eggs (in French, pronounced Muh-ran) are the only eggs he would eat. It is also reported that 'Martha Stewart' only eats Marans eggs as well. It is often stated that these darker egg shells are thicker and thus either store or travel better and if placed on a flat surface the yolk has a tendency to spread out less and retains a rounder form. Of course for my part, I think the darker brown eggs are just beautiful all on their own just as they are. I have enjoyed my "celadon-green" eggs already, seeing they are green all the way to the inside of the shell as well.
Things remain dry here...drought conditions and a burn advisory as well. I see though today on the national weather as well as local that we might FINALLY get some badly needed rain late today through Wednesday this week. I wish it would rain every day this week for my my part. And on that, I leave you today with our ongoing garden affirmation in mind and as always, thank you for following Garden Daddy: "URBAN FARMING: ONE EGG (chocolate or brown) AT A TIME!"

No comments:

Post a Comment