EMAIL YOUR GARDEN DADDY WITH QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS

Get your garden questions answered and offer suggestions other than regular posting comments. If you want more personal contact or you have more in depth gardening questions and need answers, let Garden Daddy send you on your "Happy Garden Way" by offering you my comments.
Contact your Garden Daddy today:
gardendaddy@gmail.com



Monday, October 11, 2010

CANADIAN GEESE (ARE THEY LIVE OR IS IT MEMOREX?) MAKE A STOP AT URBAN FARM


HELLO & welcome to Garden Daddy here at the urban farm! As this garden home attempts to make itself more fall-like and decorative for the longest season we really have (Labor Day through Thanksgiving for our fall season) I came up with the idea to add a little whimsy to the process. I looked at one of my local sporting goods stores and found a good pre-season buy on single goose decoys. I thought a pair of Canadian Geese might add the idea and feeling of the Fall season and placed them around the yard flag which says, "Autumn Splendor". What better way to express that feeling than with this idea of fall migration and relatively inexpensive decor. I understand I am up and in the running and nominated for another "Yard of The Month" award, now given out seasonally instead of monthly. Of course, that is only neighborhood hearsay!
To update you on the pullets that are laying...Today, I got 2-celadon green eggs, which means that 2 of the Ameraucana pullets are now laying and may have been all this week and alternating days. Still getting around 6 or seven eggs daily now and lookin' & hopin' & prayin' for at least 15 daily in the foreseeable future out of my 19-pullets.
Weather still unseasonably warm and very-very dry. We have not had rain here for over
1-month and I am watering almost daily in my front yard to keep things growing and green during this warmer weather and keep the mums alive and looking as lovely as they are at full bloom out this week. They are truly beautiful here and I get daily comments from neighbors and drive-by's and walkers in the neighborhood. On this note, I will leave you today with our ongoing gardening affirmation in mind: "URBAN FARMING: ONE EGG AT A TIME!"

2 comments:

  1. Can you post pictures of the rest of the yard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Practical Parsimony...Look at the newest posting for photos & yard award that came today! Got a record 10-eggs today! Half way there. Thanks as always for following Garden Daddy.

    ReplyDelete