EMAIL YOUR GARDEN DADDY WITH QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS

Get your garden questions answered and offer suggestions other than regular posting comments. If you want more personal contact or you have more in depth gardening questions and need answers, let Garden Daddy send you on your "Happy Garden Way" by offering you my comments.
Contact your Garden Daddy today:
gardendaddy@gmail.com



Saturday, April 24, 2010

GARDEN DADDY LOADS UP ON SEED PACKETS ON SALE HERE IN JACKSON, TN

HELLO & welcome to Garden Daddy here at the urban farm! I had to get out early this morning for milk and creamer for my morning hot tea as well as dog food and long cooking oatmeal for the little hens out in the coop here at the urban farm. I was told yesterday that our local LOWE'S was offering their garden seed packets on sale, 'buy one - get one free". Well that was just too good for this Garden Daddy to resist! Especially when I still have to get plants, seeds, wheat straw, fertilizer, etc. for my site I am coordinating for the Jackson Community Gardens. I got a good assortment of seeds...bush green beans, carrots, turnips with roots & not just to make the green tops (there are different varieties that have been hybridized to grow good tops and some that make tops AND roots), cantaloupe, yellow squash and a few other packets. It should have been about $20.00 but I got many packs for 79-cents each or about $9.67 for all I got.
Not to plug any store over another one but if you are looking for seeds at this date you might visit your local LOWE'S today while the sale is still on and load up on seeds.
In case you are not aware, one can put these seeds packets in a zippered storage freezer bag and put them in the freezer for NEXT year actually. I did not know that for many-many years but that is how it is done at the Svalbard Global Seed Vault in Norway. It is holding seeds from around the world in cold storage in case of a global disaster to basically reseed the planet


So this Garden Daddy will leave you today as another round of severe thunderstorms is heading in here. I have already gone and tucked in the little hens for the rest of the day, fed and watered and added some fresh dry oatmeal for a treat and made sure all were running and breathing and looking well this morning. Yep...time to get off of here with that large hit of lightning...I leave you with our ongoing garden and urban farming affirmation: "URBAN FARMING: ONE EGG AT A TIME!"
POST SCRIPT: I saw where The Home Depot also had their seed packets the same as our local Lowe's did, buy one - get one free!

1 comment:

  1. Our Home Depot in Corpus Christi, Texas had a great selection of buy one/get one seeds and we stocked up! Just found this lovely site - an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete