EMAIL YOUR GARDEN DADDY WITH QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS

Get your garden questions answered and offer suggestions other than regular posting comments. If you want more personal contact or you have more in depth gardening questions and need answers, let Garden Daddy send you on your "Happy Garden Way" by offering you my comments.
Contact your Garden Daddy today:
gardendaddy@gmail.com



Thursday, December 31, 2009

REFLECTIONS OF YOUR GARDEN DADDY

HELLO from your Garden Daddy on this last day of 2009! I am dreaming of spring already and looking to have this garden home ready for a healthy and renewed look to the vegetable plot. The garden is in quite a state of slumber just now and I am thinking, planning and working already on the new vegetable area. My mind is full of the not to distant TN Master Gardener intern program just finished this past fall. I miss my fellow interns and the new friendships made there and the outlook to the January 2010 MG monthly meeting in a few days.
Today, being New Years Eve, I can only hope your next year meets your expectations and dreams. I have for many years stopped making any "resolutions" for change, upgrades, etc. I do not see the necessity to try to change the things I have done for years by way of promises I will probably not keep anyway. I DO try to make plans and get my ideas for the year in some order though. So in that, I make plans not resolutions.
I will leave you with this days short comments and tell you to have a safe and happy new year and I look forward to sharing my garden thoughts, activities and the renewed vegetable plot with the first break in this severe cold we are having now. It will be in the "teens" this next week and that will stop a lot of outdoor activity till maybe the first of February. But look for your Garden Daddy every week for some winter gardening advice, pruing schedules, etc. in the coming weeks. I leave you this last day of 2009 some sage words for the gardener in all of us: "There are many tired gardeners but I've seldom met old gardeners. I know many elderly gardeners but the majority are young at heart. Gardening simply does not allow one to be mentally old, because too many hopes and dreams are yet to be realized. The one absolute of gardeners is faith. Regardless of how bad past gardens have been, every gardener believes that next year's will be better. It is easy to age when there is nothing to believe in, nothing to hope for; gardeners, however, simply refuse to grow up."...Allan Armitag

No comments:

Post a Comment