EMAIL YOUR GARDEN DADDY WITH QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS

Get your garden questions answered and offer suggestions other than regular posting comments. If you want more personal contact or you have more in depth gardening questions and need answers, let Garden Daddy send you on your "Happy Garden Way" by offering you my comments.
Contact your Garden Daddy today:
gardendaddy@gmail.com



Sunday, September 6, 2009

FEELING SMALL

After having my first Master Gardener class last Thursday and then attending the monthly meeting of the "MG's" and then doing my 1st volunteer session out at WTREC (West TN Research & Education Center) I feel really small now in the world gardening. I realize just where I am and where I will be in another year. I do not know the proper names of plants, etc. but I know what I like and what I want my garden home to look like. So in that, I think I will just take and use the education in a way maybe others may not. I do not plan to nor am I able to remember all the "proper" plant names but I will continue to reap the benefits of this program where it suits ME, MYSELF & I. I will continue with my efforts to make this garden home the best it can be. And working out at the WTREC. I hope to spend a lot of time there and I have gotten on the list of workers. I will be a sponge out there and soak up all the applicable information I can and put the practical aspects to good use.
If you live here in Jackson or just visiting it would be worth the trip over to Airways and the 45 By-Pass to visit or at least drive through the grounds. You will get many ideas just on a drive through even if you do not get out to the car. But if you do get out and walk around you will get some wonderful and new ideas for gardening and garden art.
I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend and do it safely. I will be working on this garden home and gathering tomatoes and just getting things going for the tour. So I send you off with good gardening and good times for a holiday weekend till next time from your GARDEN DADDY!

No comments:

Post a Comment